A & R Bar-be-que Salmonella Lawsuit
Marler Clark filed a Salmonella lawsuit against A & R Bar-be-que of Memphis, Tennessee, on July 30, 2009. The lawsuit was filed on behalf of a father and son who both became ill with Salmonella infections, and were both hospitalized with acute kidney failure after eating food purchased from the restaurant in mid-July.
The Shelby County Health Department began investigating the Salmonella outbreak after receiving reports of illness from A & R Bar-be-que customers on July 14, 2009. The majority of the 20 customers reporting illness had either eaten A & R’s food at the restaurant or at a family reunion on July 10 and 11.
The lawsuits on behalf of both father and son were successfully resolved prior to trial.